Sunday, March 9, 2014

Dustin Lynch/Being in the friendzone

Okay so this really has nothing to do with writing, or books. But it does have something to do with me. Haha. So last-night I went to a Dustin Lynch concert with a group of friends and he sang this song called 'Middle of nowhere' which is about being in the friendzone. Well this song got my attention so bad because I have been friendzoned so many times and well....... I have also been the person to friendzone. I guess that its what every person deserves but if you really think about it... what is the friendzone? To me the friendzone is a special place people are placed when when they like someone or have been talking to someone and they are soon classified as 'just friends' for instance, one example of me being friendzoned was I was talking to this guy for like 3 months and when I finally was about to say that we should go on a date he was like "You know you're such a good friend, you've become like a sister to me" and that ladies and gentlemen would be known as 'Being Friendzoned'.  Another example of friendzoning is the type that is completely unknown. Say the rules of the previous situation were reversed. Say that guy was completely oblivious to the fact I liked him and basically was just stating our friendship... but he later finds out I liked him. See that is an accidental friendzone. And yes you could say "but if thats really how he felt then it wouldn't have made a difference if he knew or not" but be real people... you are ten times more likely to like someone AFTER you find out they like you then if you didn't know. So that is why it is accidental, because what if AFTER he accidentally friendzoned you he say "oh well I actually did like her" then you were just friendzoned for no real reason. Or what if afterwards he goes "wait she likes me? hmm do I like her?" because trust me, any oblivious guy does NOT know if they like you or not UNTIL they know if you like them, its a defense mechanism. Anyways the point to this all is that people do things sometimes that hurt other people, both intentionally and unintentionally, therefor we need to protect ourselves, so-for me- from now on i'm not letting myself be friendzoned. I will just come out and say how I feel and then if they don't feel the same way then that is that. Because in order to be put into the friendzone you have to need to be. And if I know flat out how they feel than there is no reason for me to be placed into the land of relization. So the next time you are thinking about putting someone in the friendzone, don't, just tell them flat out how you feel. Okay so this has been another random and mostly pointless blog by me. Have a good sunday everyone haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment