Sunday, March 16, 2014

Allegiant (spoilers)

WARNING DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT READ DIVERGENT, INSURGENT, AND ESPECIALLY ALLEGIANT!!!!!! MASSIVE SPOILERS!!!!!!!

* also I spoil the coveinent series as well (sorry)
SERIOUSLY SPOILERS!


LAST CHANCE TO KEEP SCROLLING!!!!

Ok so I started reading Allegiant in december after I go tit as a christmas gift.... well its March. And I'm no slow reader. What happened was I was reading Allegiant and it already was pissing me off-freaking Tobias- when my friend-hate her- TOLD ME THE ENDING!  So knowing what was going to happen and being EXTREMELY displeased with the ending I shut the book, through it into my closet, and vowed to never finish nor open the book every again. And I didn't until I today. I got bored. And I was perfectly fine up until the freaking moment when Tris says "tell Tobias I didn't want to leave him". At that exact moment I realized this was the part when she dies and basically I broke down into a terrible fit of tears, calling out of name, makeup smearing, and yelling at my friend. Then when Tris actually didn't die-the way I thought she was going to I mean- well I stopped crying and was like "oh so she isn't going to die". Only to about ten sentences later when she gets shot repeatedly. Well I didn't resume my sobs then- Personally I felt Tris's death scene was very quick and utterly unemotional. I mean the only feel invoking part was she saw her mother but in actuality... she had been picturing her mother for a long while and to me it wasn't anything entirely tear jerking. But none the less I continued sobbing the second that Tobias found out, and well continued crying till the very end of the book. I usually would be upset that a character dies yes that is true BUT... when you kill off the protagonist who's point of view we have experienced for THREE BOOKS now well... I cannot forgive that. I feel like I have been stabbed repeatedly by Veronica Roth. She made me fall in love with Tris and not only did she make me go through an almost death AND an almost breakup but she made me go through my favorite characters death... TWICE!  Who does that!?!?!?!?!?!? I am very sorry because I love the divergent series but I have now come to HATE Veronica Roth for the decision she made, and as an aspiring author I acknowledge that it was ultimately the creative decision she chose and that I have no real input on the matter but SERIOUSLY?! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! This is almost as bad as the ending to the Covienent series. The only difference is the Jennifer Armentrout was even worse because she gave me SIX books, AND a real breakup, AND a turning evil, and then she made me go through and almost death on my TWO favorite characters and also made me go through a real death of like seven of my main sidecharacters, and the ultimate fuckery... made me go through the most feels in my life with a insanely emotion death sequence... TWICE!!!!!! Ok so that was my anger for the day.... just felt that I needed to express my anger and feels to you all.


Oh and if you get mad for something being spoiled... READ THE WARNINGS NEXT TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment