Monday, July 7, 2014

My trip to Virginia! (part 1)

Hey guys so as promised here is the post about my AWESOME vacation to Virginia!

Okay so to start off it took us

Granted we stopped and slept-so take off the 10 hours for that- and say it took us about two hours from all the stopping to eat and get gas, and another two hours when we went to the mall.... so I guess it really only took us around 18 hours total just in driving. Still though.... 18 hours in a car with a grumpy teenage boy and a hyper 5 y/o..... lets just say the plane ride back was amazing.

Okay so the drive wasn't god awful.... well not for me at least. Patrick and me decided that when he was driving I would ride in the back (not that I had the choice since I would have to be 21 to sit in the passenger seat while he is driving) and when he isn't driving I would get the front seat. Oh... did I mention Patrick HATES DRIVING. lol so basically this is what happened to him the whole 18 hours

Yeah so once the drive was over things really got going good! 

The first night we decided that we wanted to keep things calm so Pat, Trish, and Em(the 5 y/o) decided to go fishing....


 I on the other hand had a book or three to read. So I just sat in my nice comfy bedroom reading..... until Em decided to come into the room and throw fake bugs at me (She didn't know that I knew they were fake so she was pretending they were real)

Ok then the next day the fun stuff started.... Patrick had to be at basketball camp at 9 so of course-being that we lived so far from Downtown Richmond-we had to be up at 7 (every. stinking. morning.) But that is fine because that meant that me and my favorite aunt and my little girl could go do whatever girly or 'boring' thing Patrick didn't want to do until we had to pick his butt up at 5. So on the first day of camp we decided to go to the zoo. Now let me make a note of this.... I have never been to a zoo before this trip so..... I was a little bit excited.... I mean.... I GOT TO FEED A BABY GIRAFFE!

Also they had this really awesome sky ride thing that took you right over the animals

Then once we left the zoo we hit up a couple good wills-they are life and love- and after we got Patrick we picked up something to eat... I can't really remember what we got that specific day. 

Day two of basket ball camp and the girls decided to go to Pony Pasture at the James Rivver. IT WAS SOOOO PRETTY! 

We found this huge tree that had fallen into the water... naturally I climbed it... 

We also found the PERFECT place for us to spend out day. It was out own set of three rocks that formed a shallow pool for the little ones-a.k.a Em- and we had an awesome picnic. 

I got suuuuupppppeeeerrrr sunburned after everything that day. 


Which included meeting Tod and his dog Jack. 

Then we made my boyfriend super jealous... we went. To the. EDGAR. ALLEN. POE. MUSEUM. 

IT WAS SO COOL!!!! Except when I found a 'real live skeleton' 

Ok so Day three  of Basketball camp. The girls go to the Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, and it is so pretty. We go every summer but it never fails to make me say 'wow'. 

They have this butterfly exhibit where you can walk with real butterflies... always super fun! And pretty!



The garden is soooo cool! They laid out a bunch of hoo-la-hoops and chalk for the kids and then had blankets, pillows under the shade of the trees, with books on them, and they were just open to anyone! So I sat down and read a couple different books to Em. 

Ok since my trip is way longer than I thought I'm just going to go ahead and break it up into a couple different posts. So this will be part one and then I'll post more later today if not tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment