Thursday, June 5, 2014

I read to fast

So I found a series I want to read around 11 this morning..... its only 3 and I have already finished the first book and am about to read the second.

I guess being a fast reader isn't a baaaaad thing, but honestly... when you go through books as quickly as I do, It sucks. Just imagine, you find this really cool series and you start reading, you get all the way to the most recent book and finish within like 3 days, then you find out that the last book.... doesn't even have a title yet. To say the least it kills. For instance, when I decided to read the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, like 3 books had already been written. Then I had to wait for the fourth and, me, being who I am, finished that in like 3 hours, then I had to wait AGAINNNNN and now guess what, I'm waiting again!

Anywaysssss, so I have thought about maybe like putting a limit on how many chapters I can read in an hour, but then if I did that I would become so bored in the time between the hours and well..... idk I'm just pissed off because I finished that book so quickly and now I am bored again. (Great start to my summer break right?)

Yeah so I guess what I'll do instead of find the second book and read it(in probably 3 hours) I'll write some in my book.

Oh and another thing that sucks about bing a fast reader.... if you write-like me- you find it nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get anything done because the story doesn't progress as quickly on page as it does in your mind. Like for my book, I already know the whole entire book and everything that happens but it has taken me so long to write it because I'll be typing up a chapter and get bored because in my mind I've already experienced it! It's like watching a movie 50000000 times after it first comes out.... you never want to watch it again. That is what is happening with my book! I have thought over the same chapters so many times- because lets face it, there is no way in HELL that I could possible type as quickly as I think- that I get tired of typing it. I honestly just wish that there was a way to connect my brain to the computer and just think the plot and it magically appear in front of me. Ah whatever my hand hurts from typing this whole page in like under 3 minutes-if that. GRRRRRR the struggles of being a fast reader continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment