Friday, January 31, 2014

Obsessions/trying new things

So I have come to the conclusion that my life is ruled by my many obsessions. Some of which being:

  • Carrie Underwood
  • Doctor Who
  • REIGN!!!!!!
  • Jenna Marbles
  • Indina Menzel 
  • Panic at the disco
  • Imagine Dragons
  • Emblem 3
  • Jennifer L. Armentrout
  • Tera Lynn Childs
  • The movie Frozen
  • The host
  • Harry Potter
  • Hunger Games
  • The lux series
  • Broadway musicals
  • Dancing
  • Singing
  • Blogging
  • EVERYTHING PARIS!
  • Martial Arts
  • etc.
So basically that's like a third of my obsessions.... and they all are my life. And they all inspire my writing. But you see the thing about having a lot of obsessions is that you more than likely with only develop more obsessions. Lately I have had a grown obsession with the 'idea' of me entering a pageant. Well of course I would never change my course of life to do pageants but for some reason I think that it would be extremely fun to do at least one. I want to enter a pageant so I can get a feel of how it all goes. I've worked a pageant before and it was crazy but I feel like being in one is a completely different thing. I would be lying if I didn't admit that part of this is because of my writing. I mean I honestly want to try one just to have the experience to go off of if the need be. That is one thing I love doing for my creative process. That may be one of the reasons that I have had my hand in a bit of everything...
  • Ballet (2 years)
  • Allstar Cheerleading (9 years)
  • Soccer (2 years)
  • Taekwondo (2 years)
  • Musical theatre (2 years)
  • Volleyball (1 year)
  • etc. 
Anyway, the thing is that I feel that with every new experience comes new knowledge. For instance... if I wanted to write a scene based on combat I could use the knowledge I have on fighting from taekwondo. Also if I wanted to write something about a performer I have MANY different areas to choose from. I guess in short I am trying to say that I like trying new things to learn more about myself and the world I live in. So... I guess the main question is... should I do it? Do I really need to add more onto my plate? I'm not sure but I'm going to find out that's for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment