Monday, January 27, 2014

My road

So I've decided what this blog is going to be about. Its going to be about my road to becoming an author. Yeah, that's it.

I've never been good at keeping up with things like this but this time... this time will be different.

So as of right now I'm 15, a sophomore, and a thespian. That's my life. Or so it seems. That's how most people see me. As a fifteen year old who is in school and drama geek. Yes all those things are true but what they don't know is that when I get home... I'm a writer.

From the second I get home and finish my homework to right up until I go to bed.... I'm writing. As of right now I'm writing my second-the first one wasn't as good as planned- novel. It's a bit confusing to explain what its about so I'll save that for another post. I love writing. Its my passion. Currently the only person who has read my work is my best friend Becca... But I hope to change that.

About two days ago I was doing some research about writing contests for teens and I found one I really liked. So I entered. It wasn't anything spectacular, just something to get my name out there. I don't expect to win on my first try but hey, you never know.

Now I can't plan exactly how my trip down the road to being a published author will be but I can say that as of right now... I haven't even left the neighborhood.

CHECKPOINT 1:

  • Enter first writing contest- CHECK
  • Begin writing novel-CHECK
  • Get someone to read novel-CHECK
  • Meet published author-CHECK
  • Get first novel published-______

No comments:

Post a Comment